jMechanic is an Eclipse Java IDE plugin
providing Java Profiling tools. Tools such as CPU Sampling and Heap
Summary allow the Java developer to tune up the performance of their
Java programs all within the comfort of the Eclipse IDE.
Some of the features of the jMechanic profiler include:
- Full Eclipse integration including launch support and profiler
- Ability to view the percentage of time spent in profiled
- Ability to view the location of object allocations.
- Ability to view the complete contents of the heap in the profiled
- Ability to filter extraneous information.
- Ability to profile local and remote applications, as well as runtime
- View column sorting.
- Double-click on stack frames to open editor on source.
- Requires only standard Sun JDK support.
July 22, 2003 - Version 0.5.5 Released
- Support for profiling of runtime workbench instances.
- Fixes for profiler enablement when application is run versus debugged.
- Refactoring to allow the HPROF code to be used outside Eclipse based
on suggestions from Yogendra Kulkarni.